Weighted Round Robin a
This kind of load balancing is configured using Record Pools. Pools are groups of endpoints, which are applied to DNS records. When the record is queried, it will rotate through the different endpoints in the pool at each request. We like to think of round robin pools as rotors.
You can create Weighted RR with A and CNAME records. For this example, we will use A Record Pools to configure Weighted RR. However, you can apply the same steps and principles when using CNAME records. CNAME Weighted RR is actually the same as creating CNAME Record Pools, just specify different weights among the IP addresses. See the CNAME Record Pools tutorial for more information.
Please note, the following example uses a hypothetical infrastructure scenario and should only be used as a guide.
1. Select Managed DNS in the sidebar menu, and then choose A Record Pools from the drop down. (If you are configuring Weighted RR with CNAME record pools, then you will click on CNAME Record Pools in the drop down menu)
2. Click the Add New Pool button.
3. In this screen, you will configure your Weighted RR records.
1) Name: Give the pool configuration an identifiable name.
2) Num Return: enter the number of IP’s you want returned in the pool.
3) Min Available: enter the minimum number of IP’s that must be available in the pool.
4) IP: Designate the IP addresses you want in the pool.
5) Weight: Enter a weight for each record. If you create multiple records with the same weight, then you will have configured traditional load balancing. However, if you configure records with unequal weights then greater the weight, the more traffic will be served to that record.
6) Sonar Check: If you have a Sonar Check enabled you can add it to the record here.
7) Add Another IP: Additional IP’s can also be added to load balance traffic, just click the Add Another IP button. You must have at least two records in order to setup Round Robin or Weighted Round Robin.
8) Save: Click Save.
NOTE: IP’s can be enabled or disabled within the pool. Disabled IP addresses remain present in the configuration however are not active on the name servers.